The Pacific Northwest Chapter is an official chapter of the American Society for Indexing (ASI). Membership in ASI includes affiliation with a chapter of your choice. While non-members are always welcome, benefits of joining your local chapter include:
- Networking with others involved in the indexing profession
- Regional meetings held every year
- PNW Chapter Newsletter
- INDEX-PNW listserv, our chapter’s email discussion group
- Member discounts on PNW/ASI workshops and conferences
- Directing the efforts and energy of the chapter by volunteering for a committee, serving as an officer on the board, and giving advice on the email officer’s loop
- Participating in local peer review sessions
- Voting rights
- An opportunity to create a listing in the PNW Online Directory of Indexers, a directory of regional indexers, available 24/7 on the chapter website.
- Opportunities to participate at several regional trade shows, in order to make direct contact with authors, editors and publishers
- Access to the member only area of the ASI website
- Secret handshake and custom code-breaking ring (gotcha!)
Full benefits are only available to ASI members who affiliate with the PNW/ASI chapter. Discounted meeting rates are available to members of ISC and STC.
So how do you join ASI? Membership in ASI is open to all interested persons: professional indexers, editors, publishers, librarians, and anyone else curious about indexing. For more information about ASI benefits and an application form, go to http://www.asindexing.org
Don’t forget to select PNW for your local chapter!